HEXFET headphone amp !?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
No problem :) At least in LT it doesn't burn a hole in the screen dissipating several kilowatts power :D

So now you need to make it all work on a much lower voltage, and that is where it gets really really difficult. I doubt you would get a satisfactory result on just 5 volts (-/+2.5 volts), even if you changed the topology around and tried to go for a rail to rail output stage.

I can't really understand why they used such little power fet's in this design ( this board was from an 5.1 DVD home theatre, which sounded pretty good )
As I can see , were they used 2 of them bridged per channel not in parralell ? ( max rattings 2w per ic ) so almost 4w per channel ? wow..why didn't they use ic' power amplifiers like TDA or something instead of this ? .

I got a few, I can parralel them i guess .

Attachments

• F7319.jpg
    F7319.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 157
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I can't really understand why they used such little power fet's in this design ( this board was from an 5.1 DVD home theatre, which sounded pretty good )
As I can see , were they used 2 of them bridged per channel not in parralell ? ( max rattings 2w per ic ) so almost 4w per channel ? wow..why didn't they use ic' power amplifiers like TDA or something instead of this ? .

I got a few, I can parralel them i guess .

IRF7319 are good for 5amp ea and double N ch and P ch devices. So good for 10amps in parallel and 30v. Pretty good size punch there in my book. Discrete MOSFETs in general have better bass extension and authority than a chip amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.