Heppner 12 alnico from Hammond organ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
so much supposition.
have you in fact ever tried using organ loudspeakers for general music reproduction?
again i'm not claiming there top caliber but can yield reasonable performance at a low cost and the experiment is worth the effort. (not everyone can afford high end expensive drivers or is your philosophy if it's built for a specific purpose that's all it's good for?)
stop being so narrow minded...organ speakers are only for organs and guitar speakers are only for guitar amps!

the EVM 12 was originally designed for hi fi midrange but found favor with jazz guitar players subsequently the 12 L was developed.

Last edited:
so much supposition.
have you in fact ever tried using organ loudspeakers for general music reproduction?
again i'm not claiming there top caliber but can yield reasonable performance at a low cost and the experiment is worth the effort. (not everyone can afford high end expensive drivers or is your philosophy if it's built for a specific purpose that's all it's good for?)
stop being so narrow minded...organ speakers are only for organs and guitar speakers are only for guitar amps!

the EVM 12 was originally designed for hi fi midrange but found favor with jazz guitar players subsequently the 12 L was developed.
Well,"in the old days" there were no guitr/bass/organ/PA speakers, there wasjust one basic type which workedeverywhere bwithin limitations.

You could find the same 3 or 4 basic Jensen speakers everywhere, only variations were size: 6" to 15" and voice coil: R 1", Q 1.25" , N 1.5" , don´t remember designation for popular 3/4" and quite rare high power 2"

All used similar light paper cones, paper edge, relatively stiff spiders and very light and weak voice coils wound on paper formers.

In fact this type of construction is the base of misunderstood "Alnico sound".

Fact is this technology was abandoned about the same time as Alnico switched to Ceramic hence the error.

Famous Celestion Guitar speakers started as "Grammophone" use G12 was created, go figure.

Here two years later I still haven’t found the time or had the heart really, to dismantle the beast.
The misdeed will have to be done soon though, as I need the space. So if anyone in the vicinity of Copenhagen wants a free micro Hammond for restoration (not for scrapping), it’s yours for the taking.
It’s been stored in a heated, dry garage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.