Hemp FR8C Enclosure Suggestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When Hemp disappeared last year, so did the website, all with out a trace. Not even a puff of smoke.

I have been unable to find even archived copies of their driver specs or plans.

I have a pair of Hemp 4" drivers and would like to have seen what they recommended.

Any leads would be appreciated.

Bruce

When Hemp disappeared last year, so did the website, all with out a trace. Not even a puff of smoke.

I have been unable to find even archived copies of their driver specs or plans.

I have a pair of Hemp 4" drivers and would like to have seen what they recommended.

Any leads would be appreciated.

Bruce

IIRC, one of the issues with the Perry Pecker Hemp Acoustics drivers (as opposed to several other brands with Hemp in the name) was variability of T/S parameters. (this is the kindest thing I'll say about that communal experience)

I installed a pair in the smaller of these two cabinets (i.e Brynn Chang) with reasonably good results -

http://homepage.mac.com/tlinespeakers/FH/download/Brynn-GabrielChang-map-021107.pdf

The performance of the pairs that we saw here were close enough to FE127E that I think they'd work reasonably well in many of the boxes that you may have seen recommended for the Fostex. e.g the GR Fonken; but Brynn was the only one I played with.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Sorry, I didn't bother to save any of their designs.

Sheesh! Why not just build a MLTL or similar?

I didn't find sny of the HS designs interesting enuff to save either.

Here is GM's ML-TL

dave

Attachments

• GM-HA-FR8c-MLTL-map.gif
    GM-HA-FR8c-MLTL-map.gif
    41 KB · Views: 197
I have been pulled a lot of directions this year and when I brought this driver up some time ago Chris and Dave talked about the quality control problems and the business practices that likely ended the life of said manufacturer. I did however build a pair of Scott's Brynn's at their then and current recommendation - with the spanky stepped deflectors (that sure beat cat litter for keeping them upright). I got distracted and never punched holes in them to mount the drivers. Maybe I can start a Frugal-Horn Tussauds museum of mute cabinets.

But I lite up, well, figuratively, when I saw some new action on a Hemp thread. Forgot all about them. Thanks for the spec sheet. I am gearing up to make some sawdust week after next and I should route these puppies and fire them up.

Does anyone remember the cabs that Hemp published. If they are like the famously under-performing Fostex designs I would not be missing much.

Don't know, got a link?

Sorry, I didn't bother to save any of their designs.

Sheesh! Why not just build a MLTL or similar? http://www.thaidiyaudio.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1821.0;attach=8323;image

Regardless, I'm pretty sure someone here can come up with a small BR design once we know what version of this driver they're peddling.

GM

Hemp Acoustics FR8C full range speaker 8 inches pair en venta en eBay.es (finaliza el 24-dic-10 06:20:39 H.Esp)

I remember from the hemp official web site a few years back that they had this "small box" on top of a stand in "T" shape. From the front you would see as if it were a floorstand loudspeaker.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.