help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's the deal. After more than 2 or 3 days of not driving my car, I'd find that my battery was dead. It took me a little troubleshooting to find out that it was my amplifier that was drawing the power. My short term solution was just to take the in-line fuse out but that left me with no sound. I got fed up with it and decided to roll up my sleeves and try to figure out what the hell was going on here. Now initially, I was told it could be my remote/kick-on wire that was getting power from somewhere. That was a negative. I then I isolated (disconnected) the power cable that feeds the amp and it was "hot" @ 12.9v. I then tried putting the power on different relays that under the hood were "dead" but when I checked inside at the amp they were at 12.9v. Makes NO sense because the cable at that point is little more than a pass-through from the relay terminal to inside the car and there's nowhere else it can be drawing power from. I then decided to check using a different car's frame as ground and it went down to 5.5v. Bad ground? What do I do now?? I'd hate to take it somewhere but without any suggestions I'm stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.