Help With Sanyo Z60 LCD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can anyone give some advice here please? Our Sanyo Z60 is giving out; it's been a good little work horse for 3-1/2 years, now the blue Lcd panel is going out. We have taken good care of it and been mounted on the ceiling the 3.5 years.

A friend (that repaired projectors at one time) said the panles are not that hard to DIY replace - if I can find the part(s).

I read where some projectors; the 3 panels are all the same and can be swaped out - if I can find a donor parts machine (ebay); maybe can be done on ours, unknown??

I have sent larger (work) projectors off to Sanyo (Ca) for panel replacement - it's not cheap - $1500 service charge & hefty shipping charges.

Panasonic bought Sanyo; I did call the Sanyo service number a few weeks ago, they were still picking up the phone. I know sending it back to Sanyo would probably not worth the trouble/expense.

So folks....should I throw in the towel, give up and just go buy a newer unit? I hate wasting equipment and $$ :h_ache:

Attachments

• DSCN0033.jpg
    DSCN0033.jpg
    634.4 KB · Views: 88
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.