HELP! with RX-396 Power Transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can someone please help.
I have a Yamaha RX-396 that wont turn on, I connect it to power and press the standby button and you can hear the relay clicking on and off but the display wont come on.
Ivé had it checked and have been told the Power Transformer needs to be changed, but i can't find one.

Any ideas?

Obvoiusly get the original but that is usually impossible. Determine the transformer specs and start looking for a suitable replacement, Digi-Key/Mouser etc., one that is close to the same dimensions. Most replacements are not mechanical equivalent, so you will have to find a way to modify the mechanics to make it fit. Sometimes it is easy other times it is difficult.
Good Luck
Rick

Any news?

A family member just had his RX396 fail the other day. I found an open primary on the power transformer. Seems there is protection inside the transformer (according to schematic), but I do not think we are able to get at it.

Just curious If you found a replacement yet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.