Help with New DAC ES 9028Pro

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have read that using AD797 and MUSE 8920 will make it better…

Muse opamps are pretty pricey. A couple of those and you might find you get more improvement by using one of these: HIFI AK4137 DAC SRC flagship high-end audio 786K 32Bit DSD256 DSD IIS conversion | eBay ...between the output of your USB to I2S board and the dac board I2S inputs (assuming your XMOS or Amanero board is the type with 2-rows of pins). You can set the AK4137 to upsample everything to DSD256 which people generally find provides a big improvement in sound quality.

Last edited:
Hi Markw4

Thank you. Your comments make me think.

Please excuse my naivety. I have enthusiasm, but lack technical knowledge.

I bought the additional Amanero board. So, I think that is OK? Is it?

Expensive MUSE? I found them on eBay for $5.00 to 22.00 (if you buy from an expensive Australian seller). Is that expensive?

I am sure I have got it all wrong?

Either Amanero or XMOS boards (the kind with 2-rows of pins are the newer type, for XMOS) should work with the dac board and or with the AK4137 board.

Be very careful about buying normally expensive or hard to find ICs on ebay. There are many fakes that have had the part numbers altered. The counterfeiters have professional chip marking equipment so they can make fake chips look real. If you look at the price of Muse opamps at Mouser or Digikey, that is likely about the real price. You might be able to get a discount of 20% or maybe even 30% somewhere, but not a discount of 80% or 90%.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.