Help with Ian Canada Shopping List

Hey guys
Newb to these @iancanada Ian Canada/rpi DACs, but
not to diy.
Looking for some help putting together an order list/parts list and component layout.
I’ll start with my goals.
Looking to build a “high end” diy DAC/Streamer Roon endpoint solution for a second system (DIY Altecs with Yamaha AS2200)
All I want is LAN input and XLR output
I’ve watched all the Gabster videos so I understand the iancanada components needed (fifo q7, dual mono dac, monitor,screen) what I’m confused with is powersupplies.
I don’t want 3 ifi plugs connected to this
Would love a single IEC solution to power the supplies. But what supplies do I need?
I have a dual 5v 3a Talema LPs here I could cannibalize if needed. Not trying to have 5 huge cap sets like the Gabster either lol.
Basically if someone could say order these and let’s go.
We will need a chassis too
I have kids and can’t do the exposed stacked look.

Thanks all!

Ok spoke with Ian
3 linear pis and those 2 transformer I linked will power the whole shebang
So I got the
Stationpi
FIFO q7
Dual mono dac
Opa861
Dual Linear pi
Single Linear pi
Monitor pro
This is gonna be fun!

I’m just going to post photos of the build here as I go.

Reactions: 1 user
Basic layout idea

Attachments

• IMG_8314.jpeg
    IMG_8314.jpeg
    618 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_8315.jpeg
    IMG_8315.jpeg
    498.9 KB · Views: 79
I amended and upgraded my initial shopping order a little to the following:
Stationpi Pro
FIFO q7
Dual mono dac
Opa861
Dual Linear pi x2
Ess controller
LifePO4 mini 3.3v
UcConditioner 3.3v

Also added an adjustable Talema powersupply that will provide 4v to the LifePO4 mini
The reason for the upgrades are for the 2 Accusilicon 338s 49.152 MHz & 45.1584MHz clocks I purchased.
This powersupply with the UcConditioner will provide the cleanest power possible to the FIFO Q7 and the high end clocks.

I’ll provide all the links if anyone asks.

Basic layout idea

Nice to see an enclosed chassis idea. That screen location on the front is going to cost a bit to get cut out of that 10mm front panel. What are your plans for that?

Otherwise, I'm just getting going on the iancanada gear so I'm not the best builder to critique your parts selection. From my understanding, though, it looks good. I see DAC parts and streamer parts, along with some power goodies. Don't forget to buy your RasPi!

Reactions: 1 user