help with hanging my screen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have just built my cinema screen by using mdf board and stretching blackout cloth over it together with black wooden boarders but I am having problems with how I'm going to hang it up on my wall has anyone have any ideas they can suggest preferably with an illustration cause I have thought of screwing to the wall but this I dont really want to do.

your ideas would be appreciated.

thanks.

you'll have to screw it to the wall because of the weight of your screen. make sure you mount the screws on the studs in your wall because you'll most likely tear up your sheetrock....

you might want to consider a mount like the one in the pic (available at any hardware store). attach them to your screen then screw two good strong screws into your studs in your wall and mount the screen. simple, solid, strong

best way to make a screen is to use 2" strips of wood to make the frame then stretch the black-out cloth over it. its light and simple, i hung mine like how im showing you and it works excellent.

ap0

Attachments

• mountbracket.jpg
    mountbracket.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 227
skanders said:
I have just built my cinema screen by using mdf board and stretching blackout cloth over it together with black wooden boarders but I am having problems with how I'm going to hang it up on my wall has anyone have any ideas they can suggest preferably with an illustration cause I have thought of screwing to the wall but this I dont really want to do.

your ideas would be appreciated.

thanks.

I use hooks and eyes - two hooks screwed into the wall (right in, so that only the curved part of the hook pokes out, this way, when you take the screen away, you don't really notice the hooks that much. (Use good strong rawlplugs). Then just screw the two corresponding eyes into the top cross-member of the screen (one at each end) - use a spirit level to get it straight!

Easy to hang, easy to lift off again at the end of the movie - minimal wall damage, etc..

another option becasue of the weight issue i have seen in a few home theaters that doesnt look half bad is to use piano wire or picture wire and run it through the ceiling with two very small holes. this way you can use the beams above the screen. i'm not talking huge wires and holes mind you, and the higher you mount the screen, the less you will see it with the proper room color scheme. very stong, and attaches easily to both the screen with the eye-hooks, and the beam with eye-hooks for level adjustment.
this assumes there is an attic above your room as i have one.

I used..

My screen is approx 98 by 54 inches and I used velcro.
i stapled one half on the wall, other half against the frame.

no screwing no big holes no plugs nothing of that sort!

Don't know how it will come of as it has been hanging against the wall since 9/2002 .

Jean-Pierre

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.