help with folded horn auto sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can you get your hands on a gto 804? And if so, what does it cost in Australia?

Here's the deal:

Horn enclosures get hyooooooge. If I were you, I'd keep it simple and throw a couple of 12s or a couple of 15s in an infinite baffle.

But if you want to do a horn, you'll need to use something smaller than a ten. The autotuba is massively under-sized, even with an eight inch driver.

A ten is totally out-of-the-question, unless you can find somewhere to hide a 4-6 cubic foot box.

So...

Can you get a GTO 804?

How much power do you have on tap?
I was powering my auto tuba clone with a 400w x 2 Class D amp (bridged.)

One nice thing about horn subs is that you can feed them a preposterous amount of power, because the air in the horn changes the impedance of the woofer.

In other words, a woofer that might blow up with 250watts in a ported box can take as much as 1000 watts in a horn :)

hey guys ok i got my sisters sub its a jbl gt4 1000 watt vented... and i want to get the new jbl 12" either
JBL GTO1202D 12" Subwoofer or the next one up.. first question is.. with the same amp and everythign the same.. jsut changing my sisters 12 for the new jbl. which will be louder??
and 2. if i put 2 12 inch new jbls on the same amp will that absolutley put the other jbl to shame??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.