help with bozak crossover mods

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all,

first off, i am not that technically inclined, so bear with me.

i want to use some swan tn28 top mounts on my bozak 302A urbans. have them hooked up using basically the stock tweeter network. 8 uf cap going to a 2.5 uf cap (stock is 2 uf) and a 25 ohm resistor in parallel. have a 5 ohm resistor to dampen the tweeter. sounds fairly bright still. main issue is that the tweeter seems to be going too low and over shadows those wonderful B209B mids.

how does the cap/resistor combo affect the tweeter? such as if i go with the stock 2 uf cap, the x-over point would be higher. but how does changing the resistor value afftect the tweeter?

lastly, i know it's not the norm these days to use such a simple x-over for tweeters. if i'm going to use a modern tweeter, should i use something more complicated (Linkwitz-Riley)

can i get a modern tweeter to sound decent with the old bozak x-over schematic. i haven't done anything that can't be reversed. i can always just go back to stock.

thanks,
Robby

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.