Help with Berhringer EP1500 :(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tested the op amps with some different readings... When i probed the IC2 the initial reading was around 1300 but carried on rising slowy until i removed the probe.

IC3 was in the 800 region reading while IC4 started around 300, both with rising readings.

Not sure what this means but maybe someone could shed some light on this.

Multimeter was set to 2000k ohms.

You are supposed to be measuring the voltage on pins 4 and 8 NOT resistance. Put your meter in the DC volts mode and measure pins 4 and 8. Black probe on ground and the red probe on pin 4 then pin 8. The board needs to be connected to the rest of the amplifier wiring and powered up. I am thinking if you are not understanding this that there is no way you'll be able to repair this amplifier. Replacing SMDs (surface mounted devices) is tricky if you don't have the proper tools, you DON'T. You will end up doing far more damage than the amp has now. My 2 cents with 35 years of experience.

Craig

You are supposed to be measuring the voltage on pins 4 and 8 NOT resistance. Put your meter in the DC volts mode and measure pins 4 and 8. Black probe on ground and the red probe on pin 4 then pin 8. The board needs to be connected to the rest of the amplifier wiring and powered up. I am thinking if you are not understanding this that there is no way you'll be able to repair this amplifier. Replacing SMDs (surface mounted devices) is tricky if you don't have the proper tools, you DON'T. You will end up doing far more damage than the amp has now. My 2 cents with 35 years of experience.

Craig

Cheers for the reply, you've made this much easier to understand now. However it will be impossible to measure this with everything connected because of the placment of the op amps on this device... I was hoping for a simple fix to this problem that i would have been able to do myself however its looking more complicated than i first thought.

Ive sent an email to a local electronic engineer that may be able to help me if i am unsucessful.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.