• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help verifying EF86

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all!

I'm a long time lurker here but posting for the first time. Am hoping to pick your brains here regarding some Dario Miniwatt EF86.

I'm based in south east Asia and a local vendor has these for sale.

https://d2xngy2dw7hums.cloudfront.net/media/photos/products/2016/05/23/120639_54219301_thumbnail.jpg

From looking online, Darios seem to have a mesh plate and not "solid" plates like this. Wondering if any experts here will be able to shed some light on these?

Thank you so much!
There is no "mesh plate" ef86, what you see is a screen that is outside the plate.

6Ж32П

51833937.gif

In theory they would have been made using Philips tooling to Philips specification, maybe even using Philips-supplied (or approved) raw materials. In practice, who knows? The people who know are mainly quite old, probably not online; others who knew are no longer here.

Some other Ei valves seem to be highly regarded e.g. their copy of a Telefunken ECC83 - they seemed to be able to borrow tooling from several Western makers. I don't know about BEL.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.