Help to find rotary switch

Hello, I am looking for a rotary switch for a project I am working on. I just want to connect 3 things to it, an audio L R input and then two outputs, one that will select between three sets of speakers. Seems simple but I am not able to put together the right words to search and find it. Does anyone know how to find something like this?

Thank you!

I’m having a similar issue. Figuring out what I need to switch inputs to a homebuilt 300b SET amp.

I have product information for an ELMA Electronic Inc.
Description: Rotary Switch, 2 Positions, 4PDT, Latched, 1A, 2VDC, Solder Terminal, Steel Spindle Shaft Actuator, Panel Mount-threaded.

Or a
Grayhill model.

I actually worked out the model # (not handy at the moment) on the Grayhill, found one on eBay, it was actually broken internally - no stops - and electrically didn’t match the specs, I couldn’t get a position where input-output matched in both decks.

I actually contacted the company, got a nice email from a sales guy who sent my question to another guy who never responded.

So.

I have TWO inputs (four, actually) That’s Left pos/neg and RIght pos/neg, TWO outputs pos/neg, short before break (to avoid the POP found on some input switches).

This shouldn’t be that hard to figure out. Anyone here actually DONE this before?

Thanks.

Norm

Joined 2011
Balanced switching is more difficult, since it requires twice as many ganged switches.

Grayhill switches are normally supplied without a stop installed, so all positions are available.
You have to insert the small steel pin supplied into the hole when the knob is positioned for your application,
and then cover the hole with a sticker to retain the pin in place.

This was a reseller, switch was in an OEM marked tube. No pin.

switch in-out did NOT line up. Meaning There was NO combination/position where turning the knob got in-out to match up. 2-3 turns would get ONE set to match, back a few would get the other to match. Internals had been “played with” somewhere along the way.

So.

Does anyone actually have DIRECT experience with these switches, this issue, and have a recommendation on how to buy the correct switch?

Thanks.

You can search for <n>P<m>T switch, where n=number of circuits, and m=number of sources. But my choice would be to have a mute switch for each source and mix whatever is not muted. Note that a simple say DP4T switch may create nasty pops when switched live.
Also, there are "center-off" toggle switches that can be wired as nP3T because half the poles switch one way and the other poles switch the other way. You connect one throw of the first poles to the second poles, ie select 1a, (1b=2a, or 2b).