HELP! Testing my amp? It looses sound on strong bass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What was the DC voltage when it shut off?

I can't tell exactly because the amp is shutting off and quickly tuning on back after the bass sound is gone or some other loud sound.

It has some kind of output limit of dB. When a certain dB hits the output the amp is shutting down and when that sound is gone, the amp is turning on again.

The protection LED is like VU meter LOL, it is lighting on and of as the song plays :D

Ahhh I've tested that way but I can't do it. It is only doing it on peaks. When peak hits it, it shuts of. I've tried constant source from oscillator about 60Hz and it is playing it loud. But when I connect the oscillator it shuts off the amp and then turns back on and the sound is loud. Then again if I disconnect and connect the oscillator it shuts the amp off and then it turns on again. It is shutting off on peaks or something like that .

I'm confused people.

Last edited:
Digi, as I told you before, you still need a capacitor. When you turn on your starter motor in your car, the voltage will drop.

The amp pulls a lot of current too. The same thing will happen.
That's why you have an alternator.

When it is turning off, are you driving it really hard? To the point of clipping?
I'm guessing that if you're telling us that the clip/overload lamp is coming on then you are driving it hard.
Could it just be that you are driving the amp into some kind of protection mode? How loud is it when it cuts off?

I used to fix returns for a high street shop and we used to run up too 1000w amps off a battery to reasonable levels (much louder than I listen for pleasure).

When the amp isn't driven so hard, does it sound good?

I suspect your just asking the amp to do something it can't. That was what probably broke it the first time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.