Help stabilizing this amplifier...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

there are many problems with this amplifier.
I would set the DC parameters first. Without any driving signal, and without feedback.
There are too high gain of the two amplifier stages which drives the outputs. This means, that the opamp have to give the gain less than 1. MOst of the opamp will oscillate with this settings.

My only question is: Why You want to use VAS between the opamp, and the otput, if the power supply is only +/-20V? Connect the EF directly to the output of the opamp.

Sajti

I am sorry to hear about your lost design.
To be honest I found no solution a liked about a x3 , x4 gain amp for this kind of an op amp based amplifier.

Here is a solution I found on DIYaudio for a high voltage amp output:
+ 54V- 54V rails ( 150Watts output in 8 Ohm load ). Pretty complex, very interesting..
I dowloaded the files and tested with LT Spice.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/212875-yapa150-yet-another-power-amplifier.html

I've managed to loose the design.

Does anyone have any ideas for a reasonably low distortion buffer with a voltage gain for around 3-4?

You've got the original design on page one of this thread, if you need it.

I suspect that the problem you are having boils down to not defining the gain of the discrete amplifier at your desired 3 to 4 times. So you need a bit of feedback there to set the gain, which could be done any number of ways.

Incidentally, the Musical Fidelity A1, or A100, did something similar with an op amp and a common base stage. There is a long thread on here from about 18 months ago and Arkless (who used to work there) posted a circuit diag of it. I expect the link is still up. Also there is a website by someone whose name escapes me, who does both rather nice builds of chip amps and started on, I think it's a B100, and he has a page on it too.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.