Help sourcing Pioneer B20FU20 in Australia.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everyone,

I'm keen on a low cost full-range project as my first foray into speaker building. Based on so many positive comments and the availability of cabinet plans I'm looking at the Pioneer B20FU20-51FW driver as a starting point.

My problem is that I can't seem to find a supplier in Australia. The super-cool price that Parts-Express have is great, though it's over US$100 to have them sent to oz, which makes them not-so-budget.

Does anyone know of an Australian supplier of these drivers?

I am not fixated on using these drivers. Are there other drivers/projects in a similar price range that I should consider, particularly drivers that are more widely available here down under?

When considering my second question, it may be helpful to know that I'm starting with a MyRefC amp (not yet built) and listen to a very wide variety of music (house to classical) so overall ability rather than a 1-trick-pony is what I'm hoping for at this point.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Tani.

Hmmm. Maybe the $100+ was for 4 drivers. I've been searching around for so many different items lately that perhaps I got my wires crossed.

In any case, paying twice as much as the cost of an item to post it is something I'd rather avoid. However, it would seem that even with the additional cost they are still worth trying. Clearly you think that they're worth the ~$50, Thornspawn, if your going back for more.

T

Thanks Thornspawn, that's a generous offer that I might be able to take advantage of some time soon. I'm not often over that side of the bay (I'm on the Mornington Peninsula) but my girlfriend and I are heading down the surf coast in a couple of weeks so might be able to stop by for a short listen.

Thanks again.
Tani.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.