Help! Q? about Ohm load in '59 Bassman RI

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, this might be something everybody else knows, but I've just come into a full Fender '59 Bassman RI chassis, complete except for the cabinet and speakers. However, the speaker outputs on the chassis are setup differently than any amp I've had before. Instead of a single output to a certain 2 Ohm load, it has 4 speaker outputs, each for an 8 Ohm load, adding up to a total load of 2 Ohms. So what I'm wondering is:

1.) is there any way to hook this up to a single, 2 ohm cabinet, or do I have to hook it up to all 4 speakers individually?

2.) can I hook the amp up to just 2 speakers, 8 ohms each, individually, or do I need the full 2 ohm load?

3.) how would I connect to the speakers if I wanted to make a Bass Breaker, which was an amp that Fender made with this same chassis, only using 2 12inch 4 ohm speakers?

Can anybody give me some help on this? Like I said, every amp I've had up to this point has been a head that usually had a single output, usually for 8 ohms, so I'm not sure how it works when the speakers each hook up individually. For the time being I'll assume that I need the full 2 Ohm load that you would get w/ 4- 8ohm speakers hooked upto the chassis. Thanks!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.