Help on wiring ballast

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have a thorn shp 250 ballast. As you can see from the picture it has 4 terminals. My problem is that the terminals are not labeled and I don't know which wire goes where. I have a fair idea how every thing is wired up. Also is the ballast meant to be wired onto the live line or nuetral line.

Also does the capacitor self discharge when unplugged from the mains. and does it matter which way round the double ended bulb goes. I have a dot on one side of the bulb in the centre of the outer glass. Does this mean the dot side faces the fresnel or is it the other side.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• untitled-2.jpg
    untitled-2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 316
This is how I done it...

Looking at the picture on the left, you can see the ballast has 4 terminals. If we was to number the terminals from left to right, left terminal being 1 and right terminal being 4. Terminal 1 where the live wire comes into. (found out phase is another word for live in some countries). Ignitor yellow wire goes on terminal 4. Now we are left with two terminals, 3 and 4. Terminal 2 is for 250v mains voltage and 3 is for 240V mains voltage. So the wire from the lamp goes into terminal 3 and we leave terminal 2 out.

Is that the same way you done it eilz because i've been told they can be wired differently.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.