Help needed with the PCM63.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
Looking for help with a DAC board which came out of a Sony DAT and have two PCM63 DAC-s on it.
I would like to make a stand alone DAC of it with SPIDIF input. I don't know digital at all, so I'm looking for a simple solution, a not to complicated circuit or a readily available (maybe ebay) converter board. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Miklos

Attachments

• PCM63 small.jpg
    PCM63 small.jpg
    646.5 KB · Views: 327
  • PCB solder side.jpg
    PCB solder side.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 317
  • inputs.jpg
    inputs.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 284
  • Sony PCM63 schematicABC.jpg
    Sony PCM63 schematicABC.jpg
    747.2 KB · Views: 301
Hi again,

I looked the AK4113 on ebay and the description says: AK4113-Digital-Receiver-Board output Right-justified, Left-justified and I2S.
Some years ago Elso Kwak writes:
"The BB chips expects data in the binary two's complement (BTC)
format with the most significant bit (MSB) being first in the
serial input bitstream."
Also the SM5803 digital filter on my board accepts 2's complement or COB, MSB first signal.
Will this ebay board work on mine, or I have to go for one of the other receiver ones mentioned above.
AK4113 Digital Receiver Board SPDIF to I2S Converter Softwear Control LCD | eBay

Thanks.

Thank you Canvas.
As I mentioned in the my first letter, I don't know anything about digital logic. The timing chart you sent, doesn't say much to me. On the top of it I also have problem with the digital jargon, and short forms.
On this thread cm has a circuit for an I2S to EIAJ conversion, I could build that and feed it from one of the DIR chips mentioned.
Would this work?:
I2SoverUSB - I2S over USB Audio

Thank you Canvas.
As I mentioned in the my first letter, I don't know anything about digital logic. The timing chart you sent, doesn't say much to me. On the top of it I also have problem with the digital jargon, and short forms.
On this thread cm has a circuit for an I2S to EIAJ conversion, I could build that and feed it from one of the DIR chips mentioned.
Would this work?:
I2SoverUSB - I2S over USB Audio

Yes, this I2SoverUSB is even better. If you have this board, you don't need SM5803 anymore. Just connect the wires directly to your PCM63PK, and it will work.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.