Help needed to fix PPI 900.4 Wont turn on

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well it looks like the ppi 900.4 had a problem so far I manage to take out all the fets and test them with a multimeter and 2 IRFI4212H are gone and all The T460 are bad so Im waiting in the replacement parts.

Now do you guys think there could be something else related that caused this problem and might need to be replaced?

The amp dosnt look burnt anywhere but I want to make sure I test everything possible before I put replacemnets back in so that I dont re toast all the components.!

here are some picts after The fets where removed also do you guys know how can I test the square items that are next to the power mosfets should I even worry about them?? (They are present inside a red square that is next to the red square where the power fets go )

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 69
oh man thats alot I think often its cheaper to just save up the time and the money it will take to fix the amp and buy a new one.

Im thinking after I change the IRS2092 probably there was something else that caused all this in the amp but I cant figure it out sadly I dont have an oscilloscope to check the circuitry, sad that was a good amp

Hi guys well I got the IRS2092S, IRFI4212H and the AOT460 I will be replacing all these in the amp from the pictures above do you guys think I should change anything else??

I am guessing the AOT460 is a gate driver transistor.
There should be two transistors driving the gate a npn and a pnp.
If replacing one I would replace the other too.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.