• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help needed on identifing tube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can anyone please.help on identifing this tube, there is nothing printed on it at all.
Thanks in advance....
1364997861312.jpg

1364997761802.jpg

1364997659121.jpg

Last edited:
too bad too sad, i do not have a tube tester. More picture on the tube. as i can remember i bought it about 9mths back and as far as i can remember i was told that its a rectifier tube, im building a tube power supply, so i need to be sure. Thanks for all input..

... i was told that its a rectifier tube, im building a tube power supply, so i need to be sure.
Be assured, it is not a recitfier. It's a power pentode of some kind. More then likely a 6L6G as Kevin said. Whoever told you it was a rectifier was wrong. If it did come from a power supply, it was used as a series pass tube as 6L6's often were. And the "dag" coating on the inside of the glass was common on the older 6L6Gs. I have never seen a rectifier tube with an internal dag coating.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.