Help me identify a mysterious device and a resistor type

Hi, from a surplus 1kg pack I got the following interesting parts:

1: Resistor, presumably hermetically sealed mil-spec.
Marked "Rdm1" with an Omega inside a delta
20231215_230216.jpg

2: unknown, RTV covered, glass substrate, 4 terminal.
no significant capacitance between any terminal.
20231215_225019.jpg

Anyone?
Thanks!

The 4-terminal device looks kind of like a photodetector, judging by the pic on the right.

Regarding the nominally 77k resistor appearing device, what resistance does it measure now? What does it measure if you change its temperature? Any significant difference? IOW, maybe its some kind of nonlinear resistor?

I have some of those resistors in 0,01%, I believe that includes a very very very low TCR as well. I'd only like to know the power rating.
The 4-term device - its covered back and front by RTV, so I guess this excludes any photo-wise application. Oh, and it might be wise to inform you that I've removed the RTV ;)
Here's a comparison with a RCA:
20231216_014820.jpg

Last edited:
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Might be a thin film (or was it thick film?) precision resistor network then. Surely looks laser trimmed, and in combination with all those other peculiar non-standard resistor values, might have been part of some more expensive measurement equipment. In this case I'd guess the power rating would be low, even though the axial parts look somewhat beefy.

Reactions: 1 user
The second picture certainly looks like a 'photo-electric' device.
To find out whether they are resistive or generative, you need to measure
both resistance and millivolts (dc) with varying light levels.
If the first picture is actually just 'super high precision' resistors, I would treat them as 2watts max.

Nr2 is a resistor network, eastern Germany stuff found in a kind of multimeter g1004.500.
Google lens linked me to that

Still no more information about Nr1.
They are aviation radar parts. They are both resistors, the metal case ones are high temp metal film no drift type used in radar. The other is an array used in RF oscillators. They are laser trimmed foil substrate equivalent to Vishay z-foil.

Reactions: 1 user