Help Me Find This Tool

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I was getting some SMD soldering done at a small shop the other day and the guy showed me a tool I should have. It looked like a small set of plastic pliers with a bunch of slots in it. It's purpose was to put the proper bend on resistors and other components prior to insertion in a PCB. Can anyone give me the correct name for this tool or perhaps a Digikey or Mouser part no.?

Regards,
Dan :D

Discontinued and now broken -- I went to crimp something and grabbed the wrong pair of needle-nose.

Attachments

• Excelta.jpg
    Excelta.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 75
I was getting some SMD soldering done at a small shop the other day and the guy showed me a tool I should have. It looked like a small set of plastic pliers with a bunch of slots in it. It's purpose was to put the proper bend on resistors and other components prior to insertion in a PCB. Can anyone give me the correct name for this tool or perhaps a Digikey or Mouser part no.?

Regards,
Dan :D

I have used the PR2 which is the predecessor to this tool for the past 30 years. absolutely superb for pre-forming axial leaded components. See PR3 Forming Hand Tool

Attachments

• e_pr2.1.jpg
    e_pr2.1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 58
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.