• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

help ID tube with no marks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Please need help to identify a tube with no marks .

Came in a custom Single ended stereo 300b amplifier from Japan that also use ECC82 tubes. It is a 9 pin tube and use 6.3v filament, overall high close to 66mm, 51mm without pis and exhaust tip, 20mm wide. No marks, letters or numbers on glass. The tube on amplifier use only pins 1,2,9 and 4&5 filaments. Wiring details wrote on photo.

PHOTOS ATTACHED

THANKS

Attachments

• 150108_0024.jpg
    150108_0024.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 185
  • thumbnail_IMG_1162.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1162.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 172
12B4 was my first thought, but a careful look at the picture shows no tap on that spiral wound heater. It's probably a Japanese made vertical output tube with similar characteristics.

I bet a 12B4 or 6S4 could be made to work. There is a similar Russian tube but I don't remember the number, 6S19P or 6P19S maybe.

Its a 6S4A

The tube in the picture looks like a 6S4A, I have never seen that type of plate structure in a 12A4 or a 12B4.
The 12a4 and 12B4 have an open plate design which is open and you can see the grid and cathode from two directions.
Many tubes are mislabled, especially tubes with "International" as brand.

Been working with tubes 30+ years and still learning.

Cheers

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.