Help finding TS parameter/driver indentification please (pics) >

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was hoping someone could help me find some specs (T/S parameters, any other info also) on these drivers. The speakers are “Blues” and I’ve had them for 12 years or so. Bought them from a pawn shop when I was in college at OSU in Stillwater, OK. I had some Stillwater Designs Kicker 8” subs during the same period, and the drivers look very similar. I seem to remember someone saying one of the guys left Stillwater Designs and started Blues, so they may be the same drivers? I figure the woofers are very similar to either “Competition” 8’s or “Freeair” 8’s, of the early 90’s vintage from Stillwater Designs. The tweeters look like Kicker “D20” tweeters as I recall. Yes, the tweeter dome has separated from the coil it appears.

The 8’s are in series so I think they are probably 4 ohms each.

The cabinets are 10 X 8.25 X 37.5 inches (interior dimensions, walls 5/8” MDF) and have four ports L=5” and D=2” in each cabinet. The 8’s share a common, ported chamber.

I was never really happy with the sound from these speakers. They seemed to be lacking in highs and bass. With 4 ported 8’s I really expected them to put out more bass response; which they didn’t even when corner loaded.

Anyway, I was thinking of doing something else with the 8’s. I’ve been wanting to build a “real” DIY hi-fi system for years and want to lean towards SQ with the enclosure, not just SPL. I have no problem buying some other, better drivers later, but figured I would experiment with these. Perhaps a dual isobarick arrangement for some small, stereo, low distortion mid-bass enclosures? I figure I’ll end up with some good 2-way 6.5’s or 5.25’s at some point, and I really like the idea of building an IB manifold in the attic, so I figure I could use the 8’s as bass/mid-bass reinforcement? Maybe 50-100Hz or so? Don't rag on me too badly for wanting to use these drivers in a hi-fi setup, eventually they will perform garage duty when they are replaced :).

Anyway, I’ve Googled and can’t find any information on these drivers to speak of. Would appreciate any info if anyone has any. Also open to any ideas on what to build with them.

Thanks,

Mike

PS: sorry about the image quality, had to use max. aperature so they are soft; didn't feel like getting the tripod out.

IMGDEAD]

IMGDEAD]
IMGDEAD]
IMGDEAD]
IMGDEAD]
IMGDEAD]
IMGDEAD]
IMGDEAD]
[IMGDEAD]http://www.streetneeds.com/uploads/twinturbonet/Blues_7784.jpg[/IMGDEAD]
IMGDEAD]
IMGDEAD]
IMGDEAD]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.