Help Finding Mini Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, this really pertains to a motorcycle application, but i suppose i can toss it in with the car audio stuff.

about 6 months to a year ago, my friend wanted me to design an audio setup for his motorcycle. something basic, with 2 speakers and a small amp to hook up his Ipod. so, i managed to find a small mobile amp, probably 6 inches square, and like 1.5 inches tall. i could be off on the dimensions, but thats what i remember.

anyway, i sent him the link and since that time, he has lost the info :bawling::smash:, and i cant find the amp anymore. it was in a red case, and it was a single person or maybe a few people making them privately. no way a brand name piece of equipment.

does anyone here know the amp i am talking about or knows the website where you can see and buy the amp. :confused:

Thanks all

~Mike

Well I remember Nakamichi used to make a tiny two channel car amp. In all honesty it would be pretty simple to build your own chip amp for something like this. Checkout Electronics Goldmine for some amplifier chips or projects. You could even buy this:

http://sales.goldmine-elec.com/prodinfo.asp?prodid=2109

BTW I am not affiliated at all with Goldmine, just searched it first because I get cheap parts from there all the time.

But don't motorcycles run off of 6 volt? In any case there are a few chips that can deal with really low voltage.

Just build a chip amp and heatsink it to the gas tank. :)

-JTC

thanks for that link... also, i think i may look through the chip amp section and see if i can find a 12V amp suitable for my plans.

oh, most all motorcycles run off 12V just like cars, except for some vintage bikes, which are 6V, so you are right and wrong :D .

~mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.