Help diyAudio with translation software

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hola, Bonjour, Aloha, Ahoj y Ciao.

The forum needs some help from those of you who have your computers set to a language other than English. Ever since we moved to this new software, Google translate - or whatever people are using - doesn't seem to play well. We will see the a post in Polish or Chinese or Russian but the person posting thinks it has been translated into English. It hasn't. Often we will see the quotes changed into some other language, even though they are in English here.

What's going on?

Can some of you who are mainly using something other than English have a look at this thread through Google translate or other similar software? Try posting through the translator and give us some screenshots of what you see. That would be a big help. Pretend that you don't speak English. :)

This is what happens after I translate to French and back again.
(on a laptop on Firefox with all cookies reviewed, most blocked, and with a firewall so severe that everything MS cannot update or communicate. Yes I still miss OS2)

Hola, Bonjour, Aloha, Ahoj y Ciao. Le forum a besoin de l'aide de ceux d'entre vous qui ont leurs ordinateurs configurés dans une langue autre que l'anglais. Depuis que nous sommes passés à ce nouveau logiciel, Google translate - ou tout ce que les gens utilisent - ne semble pas bien fonctionner. Nous verrons le message en polonais, en chinois ou en russe, mais la personne qui publie pense qu'il a été traduit en anglais. Ce n'est pas le cas. Souvent, nous verrons les citations changées dans une autre langue, même si elles sont en anglais ici. Que se passe-t-il? Certains d'entre vous qui utilisent principalement autre chose que l'anglais peuvent-ils jeter un coup d'œil à ce fil via Google translate ou d'autres logiciels similaires? Essayez de publier via le traducteur et donnez-nous quelques captures d'écran de ce que vous voyez. Ce serait d'une grande aide. Faites comme si vous ne parliez pas anglais. :)

Hola, Bonjour, Aloha, Ahoj y Ciao. The forum needs help from those of you who have your computers set up in a language other than English. Ever since we switched to this new software, Google translate - or whatever people use - doesn't seem to work well. We will see the message in Polish, Chinese or Russian, but the person posting thinks it has been translated into English. This is not the case. Often we will see the quotes changed to another language, even though they are in English here. What is going on? Can any of you who primarily use something other than English take a look at this thread via Google translate or other similar software? Try posting through the translator and give us some screenshots of what you see. It would be a big help. Pretend you don't speak English. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

As I not fully aware of the procedure to translate directly, up to no, I have been writing directly in English, checking only for some words... The result is probably not excellent mainly in the grammar aspect!
The following paragraph in French (same content as this first one) was directly wrote in Deepl and the next paragraph is a copy/paste of the Deepl translation.
My laptop runs under Linux (Manjaro) with Firefox.

N'étant pas au courant des procédures pour traduire directement, jusqu'à maintenant, j'écris directement en anglais vérifiant uniquement quelques mots. Le résultat n'est probablement pas excellent, principalement sur la grammaire.
Le paragraphe suivant en français (contenu identique au premier) a été écrit directement sous Deepl et le paragraphe qui suit est le copier coller de la traduction Deepl.
Mon portable fonctionne sous Linux Manjaro et Firefox.

As I'm not familiar with the procedures for translating directly, until now I've been writing directly in English, checking only a few words. The result is probably not excellent, mainly in terms of grammar.
The following paragraph in French (content identical to the first) was written directly in Deepl and the paragraph that follows is a copy and paste of the Deepl translation.
My laptop runs Linux Manjaro and Firefox.

PS : (comment added after post/edit/save) a simple copy/paste procedure from a parallel translator seems working as expected. The question might be what highly sophisticated browsers adds as tag or code hidden somewhere to redirect the original text and replace it by the translation? This redirection might be lost when the post is published... This is an hypothesis being not very skilled in this field.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2018
Paid Member
I am using the Vivaldi browser which can translate about every language to another. IOW everyone can write in native language, have it translated and post the translation. I use it to translate community-relevant articles to Spanish and distribute that. As the Vivaldi servers are located in Iceland, no censorship issues.

Additional clue?
From https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/features/translate/
"The Firefox Translations extension can automatically translate content from the web pages you visit. Unlike some cloud-based alternatives, this extension translates text locally in Firefox, so the content you're translating doesn't leave your machine."
Next step is to understand the beahvior of each browser starting by the most used?