Helmet speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's getting close to that season again and I'm going to upgrade our helmet communication speakers.

We purchased a new bluetooth system last year to talk back and forth from driver to passenger and it works great.....except for one thing the sound is atrocious!

I got a set of mini transducers to try and was disappointed it their performance also. Very garbled and distorted for speaking and music.

Well here's what version 2.0 will have inside. Visaton K50WP-16 2" Full-Range Speaker 16 Ohm 292-540

I measured the speaker pockets and these should fit perfectly! A little velcro to attach them and we should have decent audio for going down the road.

A little 2" should outperform those transducer. The only problem I foresee is the communicator lacking in power to push these but I can always add a inline headphone amp.

You guys have any input to this project? Have you fellow motorcyclists constructed your own helmet systems?

I'm open to any input good or bad. Thanks again you guys for all your help on past projects.

Attachments

• helmet speaker.jpg
    helmet speaker.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 123
It's getting close to that season again and I'm going to upgrade our helmet communication speakers.

We purchased a new bluetooth system last year to talk back and forth from driver to passenger and it works great.....except for one thing the sound is atrocious!

I got a set of mini transducers to try and was disappointed it their performance also. Very garbled and distorted for speaking and music.

Well here's what version 2.0 will have inside. Visaton K50WP-16 2" Full-Range Speaker 16 Ohm 292-540

I measured the speaker pockets and these should fit perfectly! A little velcro to attach them and we should have decent audio for going down the road.

A little 2" should outperform those transducer. The only problem I foresee is the communicator lacking in power to push these but I can always add a inline headphone amp.

You guys have any input to this project? Have you fellow motorcyclists constructed your own helmet systems?

I'm open to any input good or bad. Thanks again you guys for all your help on past projects.
Please visit the Headphone Systems Forum. Find the thread in Feb 2012 which is entitled "Does anyone make their own headphones", and/or search this Forum for Antoinel. Drive the headphones with a current source amp.
Best regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.