Hello

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have been reading the forum for several months now and have finally decided to start posting. I am a highschool student from Washington State and have been putting together guitar pedals since about the age of 12. Now, I am working on my "masterpeice", a 60 pound 5-way integrated amp (I'll have photos eventually). I hope I can contribute to the success of the forum.

-Chris

The amp is for 2 biamped speakers and a ELF subwoofer. I'm using 2x P3A 60watt, 2x Mini-A, and 1x bridged P3A for the woofer. Itll probably be several months before it is totally finished, as i dont have the speakers built for it, and dont want to build the crossovers before then. I plan to get the P3A's working and run them through my *cringe* radioshack speakers in the meantime, then slowly start saving up for the better speakers and crossovers with my allowance. I can get an external chassis picture pretty soon, as only the inside is going to be added in now.

I'm planning to build a small sealed speaker with a 6.5" woofer and 1" dome tweeter, with a crossover at about 3-3.5khz. I have not yet decided on the actual speakers but I have a few in mind, the cheap, good quality 295-305's that people are talking about from partsexpress (I'd have to lower the crossover point to something like 2k though), and a semi-affordable driver, sph-165c, from a company called Monacor, somewhere in europe. I'm still working on the plans for the speakers though.

-Chris

Welcome, psychokids

keep us posted on your progress.

Ummm, well, you might want to see what kind of "tweak" Dave has in mind -

I respect his knowledge and opinions - and I guess it is fair to say he is a resident expert on " dumpster diver" speakers, along with transmission lines and "other" stuff. :)

Glad to have you around

Ken

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.