Hello world

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone!

My name is Andrew. I'm British, originally from Manchester, England and now living in France. I chose to put the British flag on my profile because I didn't want anyone thinking I was French ;) Joke btw - I love living in France.

I've been interested in all things audio since an early age, in particular interested in radio and hifi. I have fond memories of doing summer jobs as a schoolkid to be able to afford what I considered to be a "proper" hifi - ie separates. I bought a second-hand NAD amplifier, a pair of Wharfedale speakers and a Technics CD player and Technics cassette deck (remember them?!) - That was all pretty unusual back in the day because at the time, the market was flooded with low-end trash products by Amstrad and all the rest. *shudder*

Looking forward to getting to know you all. :up:

Hi everyone!

My name is Andrew. I'm British, originally from Manchester, England and now living in France. I chose to put the British flag on my profile because I didn't want anyone thinking I was French ;) Joke btw - I love living in France.

I've been interested in all things audio since an early age, in particular interested in radio and hifi. I have fond memories of doing summer jobs as a schoolkid to be able to afford what I considered to be a "proper" hifi - ie separates. I bought a second-hand NAD amplifier, a pair of Wharfedale speakers and a Technics CD player and Technics cassette deck (remember them?!) - That was all pretty unusual back in the day because at the time, the market was flooded with low-end trash products by Amstrad and all the rest. *shudder*

Looking forward to getting to know you all. :up:

Andrew,

Welcome! Just drove from Manchester to York recently. What beautiful country!

Where in France are you living?

Cheers,

Greg

Andrew,

Welcome! Just drove from Manchester to York recently. What beautiful country!

Where in France are you living?

Cheers,

Greg

Hey Greg

Thanks for the welcome. I'm in the south of France where it's nice and warm. :cool:

I see you're a pilot. That's awesome. What and where do you fly? I have my PPL from many years ago but only flew on small single engine aircraft - The French Robin DR-400. Kind of like a Piper PA28 . :)

I'm no longer current. - I prefer to sit in the back now and let you professionals do your thing. I'm still interested in aviation though. I think the bug never goes away. ^^

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.