Hello to all from Alert Bay, BC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As the registration eMail says, I am posting this to say hello and to introduce myself to the group.

I am a 57-year old network admin and systems consultant who has been out of audiophooling for about 20 years. I won't go into the 'In the good old days we...' cause that was a different century.

Now, I am interested in dyi tube amps and, maybe, building a set of planar speakers (something like the Magnepans I used to have)

Hope that I might be of some help to some of you, too.

Best Regards

Jess Gordon
Alert Bay, BC

Hello Cal:

Always amazes me that people can cut right to the very heart of a matter...

Hard to find parts here? - YEAH! So far I have found about 4 pieces of tube equipment around town, all of it old marine electronics (Ever seen the inside of a Decca radar set?).

Oh, well - at least we have mail service and the Internet so should be able to find what I need somewhere in the world.

Currently, I am working on a phono stage using 6DJ8s so should not require too many exotic bits.

Best regards

Jess

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.