Hello from Naches, WA, USA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings all,

After lurking around these forums the last couple of months, I have found them to be the best all around source of good info I've ran into yet. I had to get in on the discussions, so here I am.
I was in audio retail/service for about 15 years, as well as an avid diy'er, until a move and a family re-aligned my prioritys. I didn't feel comfortable having a baby crawling around my glowing, hot tube (valve) gear..so I liquidated my stuff and persued other interests.
Well, the "baby" is sixteen now and knows what "hot" means, and I've got the bug bad :D .
Currently I am working out the details on a "roll yer own" powdered iron core for output trannys and chokes. This has turned out to be a MUCH bigger enterprise than I thought (isn't it always). I intend to share what I come up with.

Anyhoo..I'll be around.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
valveitude said:
Indeed I am . Let me know when and where and I'll try to arrange it. This hobby is a lot more fun when you can share it with others who suffer the same affliction ;)

Typically there is a get together in Vancouver in the late fall (@RAWs) and i am hoping to have one here on the island in the summer (so we can set up some gear outside where it sounds awesome -- and we can have a barbie)

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.