Hello from Munich, Germany

Hello everyone

My name is Matthias and I'm from Munich, which some of you might know from our rather large beer festival. ;-)

I have always been interested in audio gear, listening a lot since my youth, but only recently I discovered DIY by building the "Le Petite" speakers by Jean Hiraga ( https://snakeoilaudio.de/diy.html not my site, just for reference).

As the speaker is currently driven by an old Pioneer A616 amp, it's time to upgrade it. So I plan to build the new First Watt F5M together with the B1 Korg Nutube. Fingers crossed that I'll be able to get all the necessary kits in the shop at once when they're out. :)

Looking forward to a new journey into DIY and thanks a lot in advance - especially to Nelson Pass - for all the great inspirations and the newbie friendly way here at diyAudio!

Bye bye

Matthias

I don't recall the venue but have the ticket stub somewhere; it was a decent sized hall with good sound. I vaguely remember it had columns and sort of Roman architecture. The visit included going to the BMW Museum and to a traditional pub where I was surprised that the waitresses doubled as security. December, so getting cold but I don't remember any snow.

My wife and I visited Germany in June 2012 but only Berlin, Dresden and Cologne due to time constraints, great trip. The ICE trains were brilliant, my schoolboy German was not, but my wife's was good.

Geoff

Hello Matthias. Welcome to DiyAudio.

I'm also from the Munich area, specifically Unterschleißheim, raised and educated there.

I remember all the electronics stores on Schiller Str (Conrad, Radio Rim, etc). They sold Visaton drivers which were on display to check out along with Mivoc, Monacor, Philips, Isophon and RFT.

It was always alot of fun to take the S Bahn to the Hauptbahnhof and walk to Marienplatz, walking in the Fußgängerzone (Stachus). What a great time that was. I really miss the city and country. Its so beautiful. You could even see the Alps from Munich on a clear day.