Hello from Montreal Canada

Hello all :)

About me....

http://www.geocities.com/multiplexor_2000

my personal website, which i have not updated for a little while :(

24 yrs old, with a gf for 3 years as of dec.1 of this year...

a little tooooo creative person i am :) i have so many projects and ideas in mind, it's nuts.

i graduated from college a few years ago. Computer science as my degree. I currently work for an e-commerce company programming in java all day.

I recently purchased my first car, which as everyone knows, if it's your first car, you are usually very proud of it.... and indeed i am very proud and happy of my first purchase. a 1996 Nissan Maxima.
which of course makes me need to browse to forums.maxima.org forums.

I play bball sometimes... i love messing with electronics and learning as much as possible about electronics. Currently i'm trying to modify the innerds of my car. Attempting to read the ECU and visually display the data coming back. VERY hard, from what i've been reading.

anywho, that is all for now.

ciao, thanks for reading.
 
multiplexor said:
I currently work for an e-commerce company programming in java all day.

When i finally get around to generating some code (i have a couple programs bouncing around inside my head) can i lean on you if i need. I figure Java is the only way to go (under OS X).

Haven't done much real programming in awhile, and then it was Forth, IBM 360 assembler, Algol W (and at least a dozen others). That last one does a good job of dating me ;^)

dave
 
Re: Re: Hello from Montreal Canada

planet10 said:


When i finally get around to generating some code (i have a couple programs bouncing around inside my head) can i lean on you if i need. I figure Java is the only way to go (under OS X).

Haven't done much real programming in awhile, and then it was Forth, IBM 360 assembler, Algol W (and at least a dozen others). That last one does a good job of dating me ;^)

dave

(looks around)
(pulls out carbon dating device)

just kidding ;-) hehe wow some older stuff there :)

yeah i don't mind helping out. i enjoy it.
java is a wicked programming language. it's not too hard, yet you can make very clean code with it, and it can get pretty complicated. (and still remain readable ) :)
 
Re: Re: Re: Hello from Montreal Canada

multiplexor said:
yeah i don't mind helping out. i enjoy it.
java is a wicked programming language. it's not too hard, yet you can make very clean code with it, and it can get pretty complicated. (and still remain readable ) :)

cool. I used to make 360 assembler more readable then most people's Pascal so with some consideration i should be able to make some pretty Java (and if i can i'll make it work too :^)

dave
 
Re: Re: Re: Hello from Montreal Canada

multiplexor said:
(pulls out carbon dating device)

That's what you use to see what you need to do to an old Mac program to figure out how much work you have to do to carbonize it.

The last 15 years almost all my programming has been in Trapeze which is very object oriented (and very obscure). All of OS X is objects and i look forward to finding time to get my hands dirty.

dave
 
Francois,
so it is with me. :sad: .... :)

multiplexor and planet10,
so you folks strive to have your code readable! politically incorrect! :( ... :)

A real programmer doesn't need indenting and comment lines, the code is obvious. :)
A real programmer can find a bug in a 6MByte core dump :nod:

If you do not yet know it already, do search the web for "Real programmers don't use Pascal" :)

Well me, me is not a real real programmer, me uses LISP, a language having more parentheses than source code hence not as pedigreed as Fortran 77 is. I use indenting, but i do not need comment lines, the code is obvious. I do not bother to have separate variable definitions, i do it where i need it. And it sometimes happens i redefine the variable within the next 1-15 lines and i then do not necessarily use the same data type.
I once fooled a buddy, i started with a string, redefining it several times, two times in a very remote subroutine and finally redifined it as string.
He wanted to understand what i did, but got lost completely, :xmas: problem, i do not get all i want on my wishlist either ... :) ROTLFMAO:)

-----------------
Greets,
Bernhard
(real LISP programmer)
 
dice45 said:
A real programmer doesn't need indenting and comment lines, the code is obvious. :)
A real programmer can find a bug in a 6MByte core dump :nod:

If you do not yet know it already, do search the web for "Real programmers don't use Pascal" :)

My 360 Assembler code had little or no comments, The code just read. I was quite proud of it. The prof was stunned.

Even Wirth says Pascal is not for serious programming, it is a teaching language. BTW Wirth was one of the grad students who worked on Algol W.

dave
 
dice45 said:
Francois,
so it is with me. :sad: .... :)

multiplexor and planet10,
so you folks strive to have your code readable! politically incorrect! :( ... :)

A real programmer doesn't need indenting and comment lines, the code is obvious. :)
A real programmer can find a bug in a 6MByte core dump :nod:

If you do not yet know it already, do search the web for "Real programmers don't use Pascal" :)

Well me, me is not a real real programmer, me uses LISP, a language having more parentheses than source code hence not as pedigreed as Fortran 77 is. I use indenting, but i do not need comment lines, the code is obvious. I do not bother to have separate variable definitions, i do it where i need it. And it sometimes happens i redefine the variable within the next 1-15 lines and i then do not necessarily use the same data type.
I once fooled a buddy, i started with a string, redefining it several times, two times in a very remote subroutine and finally redifined it as string.
He wanted to understand what i did, but got lost completely, :xmas: problem, i do not get all i want on my wishlist either ... :) ROTLFMAO:)

-----------------
Greets,
Bernhard
(real LISP programmer)

bahaha i always wanted to write some code like that at work... just change some datatypes around a bit... or name something like String wInteger = new String(); and then convert that variable to other stuff... would make for interesting code... haha

as for commenting... i have a habit of writing comments on my work code, like i was writing the code in ASM... :) "Well once we've initialized this variable, we can start dumping data into it"
and my next line is a simple FOR loop dumping data into the var... :D hehe gotta have some fun.

speaking of dumps... oh god, we had a 1.2 gig dump like a month ago. I had to go through it and find certain pieces of data... oh my! I was at it for hours! lord the dump was huge!

hehe :angel: (my random smiley for today)