Hello everyone.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone.
I just registered today because I need info on making a surround amplifier using some LM4766 ic's that I found in a scrap DVD player.
I am interested in all aspects of DIY electronics.So far I have made;
Audio signal generator
Ibanez tube screamer distortion pedal
MXR distortion pedal
Phaser
Pink noise based random number generator
5v and 12v DC Bench PSU
Auto Wah effect pedal
Short wave radio reciever
and much more stuff

I work as a Techie in a generator factory wiring control panels mostly and do a lot of PC gaming and PC building.

Hello Aidan, Welcome the the forum. Have you gone to National Semi's website and downloaded the datasheet for the LM4766. There is a reference schematic in datasheet. National also has a lot of other technical documents about the Overture series of amp chips. Most of the App Notes refer to the LM3886 and LM4780, but the concepts are the same for all of the Overture chips. You just have to take into account the different power requirements of the particular amp, and different pinout.
Here on the forum you have the ChipAmps section. This has multiple threads about the National Overture amps and other power opamp based designs.

Good Luck!

Dave

P.S. I fairly new here myself, so I know what it's like to be the newbie.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.