Hello and greetings from Austria

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, my name is Andreas ,I am forty-something years old and live in the small european country of Austria. I never was a member at any internetforum, so I struggled for a while whether I should registrate or not, last but not least I did it ( for several reasons ). At first it´s a pleasure to see that I am not the only freaky audio-guy on this planet ( as my wife thinks ). I watched some threads in the past with interest, but for some questions I didn´t find an adequate answer, so I will ask from time to time this and that ( and hope for some reply ). Furthermore I am impressed of the kind of discussion ( factual, polite, without arrogance, relaxed and with a touch of humour ) and the variety of members, from absolute beginners to well experienced people, being around audio for decades.

Now a few words to my relationship on audio, music and electronics ( that´s the meaning of the introduction I guess ).
In my youth I went to an engineering school for communication-electronics, at that time I also began to play guitar in various heavy metal bands ( but meanwhile my taste in music changed radically to classical and some jazz ). After school I worked a few years as a sound technician in a small theatre, my further worklife was and is still not related to audio, electronics or music at all (sometimes to my regret ). Many years I focused on various other doings until about 3 years ago the hifi virus caught me. I remebered my technical education and did my first steps in modifying speakers and amps very cautiously ( well, you can forget a lot of stuff within 25 years ). In the meantime I completed a small number of own designed projects ( and yes, I am a hardcore diy - pcbs have to be homeetched ) among others one AD797 based preamp with relay switched attenuator, and it needed not more than 5 versions till it worked satisfactorily ;).
Thats it, thank you for your attention.

Sorry to all the English native speakers for my, let me say, "strange" English.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.