Hello and a question... off the bat!

Hello to all solder sniffers!!
Just joined.
Hope I can expand my Valve horizons here. They are a mystery to me,,,,,,, at the moment!!
So, question from someone new to valves but not electronics in general.
My grandfather was a valve nut,,, when he passed he left boxes of them to my father. I now have them and want to build a hifi amp with them while my father is still around (as I promised to a few years back ;-)). He's now 80's so time to pull my finger out.
I have so many valves its a nightmare just going through them. BUT in one box there are 3 matched pairs of KT66's new in boxes from maybe the 50's 60's,,, (maybe earlier) GEC, Marconi and another,, can't remember.
Hundreds of other valves,,, I've checked up on some and some good audio ones. My Grandfather used to fix radios, TV's all that kind of stuff as a side line.
So looking for some advice,,,
First stereo Valve amp project,,, not too huge or technical,,, but sounds great and good learning base for other builds later.
I'm sure many here have been in the same position,,,, be happy to hear from you.
Have a good day all.
Cheers.

Here you go. Let me know if there is anything wrong with either file.

This project was originally designed as a mono amp. By using the alternate power supply design, it can be built as stereo. I've never built this amp myself, but have access to fairly detailed information from a friend who did, so I may be able to provide a little help if you run into issues and questions.

Good luck and let me know how it goes. I think it is really cool that you plan to do this with your father!

Attachments

• Little Sweetie Mono Amp Schematic-2.pdf
    141 KB · Views: 22
  • Little Sweetie Stereo Power Supply Schematic-2.pdf
    58.3 KB · Views: 16