HEATSINK and ENCLOSURE for ALEPH 5 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI !

After all my gainclone LM4780 amp project, I start project to build class A ALEPH 5 60w per channel but I don't know where buy at lowest price the amplifier enclosure with BIG HEATSINK or for build DIY big heatsink ? because in my city the aluminium is very expensive and hard to find.

ANYBODY HAVE TIPS to build or where buy big cheap price amp case ?

thanks in advance for your help :) !

nicK

60 watts output? That means some efficient and large heatsinks are required.

I like my chassis to have some quality in the connectors, CNC cut to size plate and heatsinks, a good finish, and some flexibility for mounting components. Otherwise, I might as well just build it all from scratch, buy the heatsinks/plate/bar, cut to size, drill, tap, debur, and anodize.

If I wanted it quickly, done without clean up, and without the cuts to my hand, I'd buy it from the store here.

If you still want to buy from China, then check the vendor forums on diyaudio and take a look at Siliconray, his store carries a few chassis options and he has a pretty good reputation here. But like anything, there are costs to ship and long delivery times.

Bonne chance.

Simply put, there is no "cheap" class a amp. The ability to buy a pre-made chassis and not build from scratch comes at a cost. It will help get these projects done much faster, my builds have mostly taken time to form a suitable chassis from materials I have sourced.

My cost is much lower than most peoples, but that is offset by fabrication time, and time finding all my parts at the metal recycle locations that let me scrounge. I have really thought about saving up for a pre-built option for my Aleph X amps.

Another thing to factor is WAF, if you need to make the "room decorator" happy a pre-finished product might be the only one that will land into "her" room. If its the garage system, well you have some really cheap options.

Steve

...Another thing to factor is WAF, if you need to make the "room decorator" happy a pre-finished product might be the only one that will land into "her" room. If its the garage system, well you have some really cheap options.

Steve

I don't have WAF factor because my wife is very AMAZING ! ;) and I have dedicated room for home theater and stereo listening

by the way guys send your ALEPH pictures PLEASE.

thanks

nicK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.