Heathkit AA-1515 schematic needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You are correct,,, I haven't either... mine works great, just needed all teh switches and pots cleaned... Its really crisp and clean,,, Only problem I found so far,,, someone replaced a meter bulb with a Christmas tree bulb!
I'd like to find out the proper part number, so I can replace it...

Can you give me any specs on amp? Year(s) it was made,, power output... We're they all kits?

Thanks for replying,
Regards, John

There are no correct replacement bulbs as far as I can find. The part numbers are Heathkit numbers so they are useless. I haven't found any bulbs that match correctly. They are about 60mA @ 10.5V but the closest ones I found are not bright enough. The meter bulbs and selector switch bulbs are all the same.

This is one of the reasons these amps are cheap, you can't replace the bulbs with correct ones. LEDs don't work either, you won't get the right color and the right light dispersion. The filters are a particular shade of blue that combines with the light of the bulbs to give that distinctive green color.

I don't know the years, mid 70s, look through old catalogs online.

Early amps were rated 60W/ch @ 8ohms, later spec was revised to 70W but no changes to the circuit, just the specs.

Don't know if there were any factory assembled ones or not.

Thanks again for taking teh time,,, teh clear Chrismas tree bulb is a nice shade of green, thru teh meter filter,,, I just may look for another of teh same wattage and call it a day,,, I didn't think it was taht powerful,,, It really sounds good...

How are you coming with your's?is it working?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.