have to find equivalent diode to a preamp MA2C029WA

im reparing a technics su-c2000
the preamp produces low volume that is a bit crunchy

2.36V on base of Q10/Q12 on right channel
same problem on left channel.

I have taken some volt measurements. see attached documents .
have printed voltage that I got with the multimeter on the schematic

i think the two diodes are broken MA29WATA they are also called MA2C029WA can i find similar some where ??

Attachments

• Left channel.png
    Left channel.png
    95 KB · Views: 57
  • L-channel voltage.png
    L-channel voltage.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 57
  • right channel.png
    right channel.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 49
  • R-channel voltage.png
    R-channel voltage.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 54
The diode looks like a series connection of 2 Si diodes in one package. That is why each diode reads about 1.2V, and there should be 2.4V on the bases of the 2 cascode transistors. the absolute value of that voltage is not very critical I presume it needs to be above 2.2V and below 3V. So you can replace them with 4 1N4148 in series. the readout or print of 0.7V and 1.5V does not make sense to me. that would mean the cascode is turned off.

Joined 2011
If both channels have the same problem, odds are the power supply (or other circuits common to both channels) is at fault.
Very unlikely to have identical problems develop in both audio channels.

Jumping to conclusions only wastes time, and damages parts and boards, due to replacing good parts for no reason.
First you have to understand how the circuit normally works in detail. Then you can deduce how it will behave due to
various types of failures. Then you select the failure that matches the observed behavior, and see if that failure actually happened.

i have measure around the circuits with voltage meter and everything seams to end up the voltages are exactly the same as the service manual i have bean cheeking every where except from front panel circuit .

and i found 6 places where the voltages did not end up with the manual.

see attached document i have printed the voltage that is wrong with red color!

Can anyone figure out where the over voltages are coming from?

Attachments

• Q302,Q301 Voltage .png
    Q302,Q301 Voltage .png
    70 KB · Views: 10
  • Left channel voltage.png
    Left channel voltage.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 10
  • right channel voltage.png
    right channel voltage.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 9
all these voltages are correct. the small positive voltage indicates that the fets are running at below Idss, and that is the correct operating range. The spread indicates the spread in Vgs. As indicated earlier the voltage indication in the service manual of 0.7V is erratic.