• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

have i just blown my valve amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I do not have a scooby... my friend just gave me his vacuum valve amp -
its called logic 3.
it was bubbling and clicking so i thought i'd wobble a few bits to see if anything was loose but i held it wrong and pushed a red switch from 230 to 115 and the whole thing just died. The fuse seems fine -
I was thinking about taking it to get fixed properly but have I just blown something awful?
yes i'm a total non electronics person who seems to have a lot of luck with fixing things.
I would be very grateful for any little tips and suggestions - thankyou all

isla

Joined 2011
it was bubbling and clicking so i thought i'd wobble a few bits to see if anything was loose but i held it wrong and pushed a red switch from 230 to 115 and the whole thing just died. The fuse seems fine - I was thinking about taking it to get fixed properly but have I just blown something awful?

Unfortunately, changing the voltage switch may have caused damage beyond
the previously existing problem.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Having just checked the specs on the logic 3 its a hybrid so tube linestage for that phat sound and solid state power section. Chances of it being totally dead are significant. Find someone who knows electrons to check it out. It wasn't that good when new, so beyond economic repair or nice box for a my first amp project may be on the horizon.

hello everyone

i'm not sure how to reply correctly -
but thankyou to those who responded with helpful answers -
cockney words are in most british peoples vocabulary to some extent haha :)

good to know that i've probably totally xxxxxd it so i wont waste too much time or money getting it fixed but will get a quote, thanks guys!

ila

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.