harmon kardon no sound one channel 38volts non stop

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a solid state harmon kardon from 1976 and the amp boards are not putting out any audio rather one chanal puts out 38 volts. system max voltage at comstant appears to be 82 and max output when it puts strain on the caps is 160 and I so far cannot figure out why it has quit on me or why it doesent have any sound and one chanllel is at a constant 38 volts this is my favorite audio system ever and I miss its beautiful sound

pic

This is a picture of it

Attachments

• l_fce9c09ed6e746d79a12176084936cf5.jpg
    l_fce9c09ed6e746d79a12176084936cf5.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 43
DKay I have one good chanel when I unplug the one that's apparently working as a controlled short lol looks like I have a lot of unsoldering on that board to do and a lot of individual testing. Does anybody know why it would take a while for sound to come out of the outputs? Because its done that since I got it. When I turn it on it takes about 45 seconds for the sound to gradually increase to normal volume at the level I have it set at and if you try to turn it up while you wait it sounds distorted badly

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.