Hard to find CS8420 in small qty

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Man this CS8420 is hard to find. I have all the filters and DAC chips I need, and I am positively awash in discreets and other common component. But, this stupid 8420 is elusive.

Neither Digikey, nor Allied, nor AllElectronics stock it. Memec only wants to sell in quantities of trillions and NuHorizons has a minimum order of 47 pieces. www.elfa.se is offline and RS Components only carries the CS8414 and 8402. The web page at http://www.sc-elec.demon.co.uk/ claims to carry it but the website hasn't been updated in 15 months.

The only people who seem to carry it are Sequoia Technology, in the UK. They have a minimum order of only 100 UK pounds. That's fine and I'll order from them if that is the only choice, but I was hoping for someone in the USA or Canada to sell me an order of 5.

I looked through the forums here and other places but found no useful leads. Can someone please name a distributor where they have personally and recently acquired CS8420 Revision D chips?

BEWARE of Newark!!!

Hi, Beware of Newark,
They charge you with extremely high unrealistic shipping costs. These costs do <B>NOT</B> show up on there website even after you have completed the order!
Newark looks cheap but in the end they are very expensive.
They are extremely UNhelpfull once you have a complaint.
They said I had to phone Farnell in my country but Farnell had nothing to do with my website order at the Newark website.
They never solved my problem!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.