Harbeth SHL5 Plus Rosewood with Stands

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have them in the chain in my lab, I do not find the highs fatiguing, I was concerned wit the tweeter, but no.

Running the MX2 Ish right now listening to Diana Krall and Sarah Mc duet... Low volume, it's all there. I was looking for what to say so far and after some stumbling about, what came out of my mouth was that they do very little wrong anywhere. That and I just set them down with little thought of golden triangles and whatnot. The are placed diagonal in the room firing on either side of me on stands made for them.. No tow. My desk is in the corner, hence the diag.

Ya, so that's it, they do very little wrong, or maybe that they stay out of the way. I'm going to listen to them in the lab for another day then put them in my dedicated room. They got a few small dings on the way, dunno how original boxes. That kinda bummed me out, but nothing major. It's one of those things, you know it's there, so it bugs ya.

Anyway initial thoughts for you... more after I listen for a few days.

I wonder what speakers they have on the International Space Station?

I mean it seems that Bob and Doug of SpaceX have got to endure about 120 days up there.

TBH, I have never heard a Harbeth speaker in my life. But can recognise Musical and Engineering excellence plain blind: Harbeth at Munich

Very impressed you like Sara Mc: Angels.

And Diana K, though I think she kinda taps into the source which is Carly Simon: Hurt.

I can do Torch, all day long. Frank Sinatra has a Cold.

As it goes, I used to live round the corner from Ava Gardner. But I'd never have got between her and Frank. Which is why I am still alive. Because you never messed with Frank! :)

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Was risky to live in tje next hotel room of Chet Baker as well if you didn't want Frank's friend learn you how to fly...I wish he was sing. As far it's about women, I prefer Melody Gardot style than Krall buldozer one...ymmv of course.:D

Bloody Hell, that's an idea about SpaceX, I drop a mail to Elon and ask him to keep ressources for designing drivers and loudspeakers :clown:

Last edited:
So, I've given them about a month in the lab, they haven't even made it to the primary system yet because I love them. :) The only way I will ever sell these is if I have the cash to buy the next model up. Harbeth sound is one I like.

The only complaint I have is that is that I couldn't afford Alans' designs when I was younger. You know, it's like that old guy driving the (enter name of super-car you like) and thinking wtf dude, don't drive it like a minivan... let-her-rip!

Carly is singing about Warren right now, something about vain? All's I am thinking about is having Carley in my lab with those, "points all her own" Yes, I'm that age.

Carry on. :)

JT

I can't agree more on the philosophy.

How do you like it vs your main living room syst. What do you like most in it ?

The dedicated room has seen little use since I started building... I build something take it in there and build the next. I've been building bits and pieces and adding this and that. It's getting close to where I want it. What's in that system? I'll get some shots and details of the room and contents when I move the Harbeths in there.

If there is a CD-disk you really should have in your collection, It is probably Carly Simon's "Torch" !

YouTube

This girl had great pipes, nice looks, Big hair and Teeth. What's not to like? "Torch" songs are designed to rip your cynical Heart out. It's about the girl who got away as Frank Sinatra frequently bemoaned. But you still care.

Anyway, glad the Harbeth SHL5+ seems to be working out.

275324d1333530852-classic-monitor-designs-harbeth_super_hl5-jpg

We have no idea what Alan Shaw is doing here. But seems to be on a roll.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
:clown:Tastes, tastes....

System7, look at this brandnew "Over the Raimbow" freshly performed by Eric Clapton after those last3 months : YouTube .... too much cream ! :scared:

(the poor guys of this YT has died from a genetic issue that explained his weight btw, cool artist... He has a voice, hasn't he?)

Last edited:
:clown:Tastes, tastes....

system7, look at this brandnew "Over the Raimbow" freshly performed by Eric Clapton after those last3 months : YouTube .... too much cream ! :scared:

(the poor guys of this YT has died from a genetic issue that explained his weight btw, cool artist... He has a voice, hasn't he?)

AW come off it! You don't get to be 500 Lbs without knocking back a few Pies! :eek:

Genetic issue, my eye! :D

But a lovely voice. And the inner stillness of an Angel.

Apropos nothing, I used to watch the currently slightly discredited kids cartoon "Tom and Jerry." It's about Cats versus Mice. I swear this is true, in a cartoon which exploited stereotypes for humour: Butch, the fierce guard dog used to sit chained up in his kennel and sing "Somewhere over Da Rainbow" with Louis Armstrong gravitas.

See, even the toughest guy in the neighbourhood has dreams. :cool:

I have a very wide selection... Amazon and Tidal. :) I did a quick keyboard dance and am listening to it now. The Beths really shine with this type...

Tom and Jerry, showing your age man mate. Butch was only mean to Tom, remember the one where the little kitten came up and Butch was barking and growling so much he was blowing the cats' face back.. the kitten just walked up and nuzzled him and the next thing you know, he was clawing a bed in butches back? lol He was also named Spike, Killer and a couple other names as well.

I also got a kick out of Bugs, Yosemite Sam and let's not forget the great Wylie Coyote! Meep Meep!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.