• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For Sale Hagerman Clarinet preamp

Things you have for sale.
SOLD

Greetings! I have a Hagerman Clarinet preamplifier for sale. Sold originally as a kit, I purchased it from the builder some years ago. I used it in my main system for a good long while. Sounds great, holographic, smooth yet well detailed mids and highs. It sports 3 inputs and two outputs. In fine condition. Didn't think I'd let it go but I want to go a different direction with my system.

Will come with a pair of Amperex 12AU7's, and a Phillips 5Y3GT rectifier tube. The rectifier has a fancy Herbie's Audio Lab tube damper installed, which I will include.

It was a stock build when I picked it up. I did upgrade it with Sonicaps where appropriate. I also performed a mod that was endorsed by Jim Hagerman that further improves the sound by reducing the noise floor. This mod is detailed here - https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=75735.0

$425 shipped to conus. You may notice in one of the pics that transformer wires are disconnected, this has to be done to remove top cover (which I did to service it). Wires were then reconnected, unit was tested.

Attachments

• IMG_8549.JPG
    IMG_8549.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_8552.JPG
    IMG_8552.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_8553.JPG
    IMG_8553.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 329
  • PXL_20231226_232610612.jpg
    PXL_20231226_232610612.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 334
  • clarinet.pdf
    910.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Greetings! I have a Hagerman Clarinet preamplifier for sale. Sold originally as a kit, I purchased it from the builder some years ago. I used it in my main system for a good long while. Sounds great, holographic, smooth yet well detailed mids and highs. It sports 3 inputs and two outputs. In fine condition. Didn't think I'd let it go but I want to go a different direction with my system.

Will come with a pair of Amperex 12AU7's, and a Phillips 5Y3GT rectifier tube. The rectifier has a fancy Herbie's Audio Lab tube damper installed, which I will include.

It was a stock build when I picked it up. I did upgrade it with Sonicaps where appropriate. I also performed a mod that was endorsed by Jim Hagerman that further improves the sound by reducing the noise floor. This mod is detailed here - https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=75735.0

$500 shipped to conus. Payment via paypal f&f, or add $20 for goods and services. Mostly set on price. I might lower it in a couple of weeks if it doesn't sell, you could wait for that if you like to gamble :). You may notice in one of the pics that transformer wires are disconnected, this has to be done to remove top cover (which I did to service it). Wires were then reconnected, unit was tested.
Acorn nuts on that trafo would make it into a dress trafo!