• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

GU-50 PP

I want to built the same amplifier as misko1985 but I have OPT Raa 3k with CF. Ub will be around 450V I suppose, what is the right current for gu-50 in this case? Maybe I try also triode connection. Thanks.

With triode connection will do 25W at 425-450V with a 5K OPT less than that the class B loadline would be very steep, but said that I have tested the GU50 in triode mode up to 560V with the same OPT for short and it didnt break a sweat....... but Im sure it wont last for long my supply sagged 80V at full blast......GU50 may be good for 30W in triode but more than that will be begging for troubles :hot:

In pentode with 3k3 Raa load, 450 V on plates, 270 V on g2, 15 V on g3 and around -35 V on g1 (bias around 60 mA) you should get around 5 Wrms in class A, 40 Wrms in class AB1 and 90 Wrms in class AB2.

Best way to use them, looking at experts' design on this forum, around 850 V on plates, 270 V on g2, 15 V on g3, local feedback anode-to-g1 and 10k Raa load. This way a pair of them gives around 100 Wrms.

70 watt

up to 40 W works in Class A

BEST!!!!

Схема усилителя на ГУ50 70 ватт копия.jpg