Grundig PS2500

hello colleagues. A few days ago I bought my first turntable. Grundig PS 2500. Everything was fine until I saw that the needle was covered in dust. I touched my finger and the needle was gone. The AT71 cartridge is there. the question whether to buy an AT71 cartridge and that's it. will it be possible to change to another no. orthophone? worth investing what is the best way to clean the needle?

It's best to buy a 100% original Audio Technica stylus - like the one to which I linked.

A cheap non-original stylus may not give as good a result as a manufacturer's original, but there are some quality copies on the LP Gear site e.g. the ATN71E elliptical stylus.

The AT71 matches your turntable well, so I suggest you stick with it.

Last edited:
Do you mean you have a short circuit in the turntable's captive RCA cable?

Any decent twin shielded/screened cable will do as a replacement, see attachment.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Can I cancel the channel leading to the preamplifier?" - please explain your problem in more detail.

Attachments

• Shotgun Screened Cable.jpg
    Shotgun Screened Cable.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 24
Your turntable comes fitted with a twin RCA cable and a separate ground wire as shown in the first image.

It should be connected to the phono preamplifier as shown in the second image.

Replacement RCA/ground leads are available to buy, if that is what you are after.

Here's an example: https://saveltd.co.uk/quality-deck-...o-lead--earth-cable-audio-technica-6405-p.asp

If this does not answer your question then please come back - with photos if necessary.

Attachments

• Grundig PS 2500.jpg
    Grundig PS 2500.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Phono Preamp.jpg
    Phono Preamp.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 66