Grundig CD8400mk2 Lcd backlight bulbs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2014
Hi All,
my 8400 has just lost its display lighting bulbs. I've looked at the schematic and parts list , but it doesn't seem to have any information on these. Can anyone suggest a replacement?
Thank you

Attachments

• 100_3146 (2).JPG
    100_3146 (2).JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 63
Disabled Account
Joined 2014
Hi All,
apologies, these are not the original fitment. It turns out I'm looking for a twist fit bulb with a plastic base, like a vehicle instrument panel bulb. The parts listing isn't clear as it only refers to a 12v 0.1A T1 1/2, whereas the 8200/8400Mk 1 listing is for a 12v 3W. Unfortunatley the scan of the service document for the mk2 I have must be missing a page as it doesnt show this circuit. A google search for Grundig cd8400mk2 produced a picture from Hifi-forum.de its a good image of this but no info.
If anyone had any ideas please let me know.
Thanks

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi All,
apologies, these are not the original fitment. It turns out I'm looking for a twist fit bulb with a plastic base, like a vehicle instrument panel bulb. The parts listing isn't clear as it only refers to a 12v 0.1A T1 1/2, whereas the 8200/8400Mk 1 listing is for a 12v 3W. Unfortunatley the scan of the service document for the mk2 I have must be missing a page as it doesnt show this circuit. A google search for Grundig cd8400mk2 produced a picture from Hifi-forum.de its a good image of this but no info.
If anyone had any ideas please let me know.
Thanks
Have bought one from Reichelt.de according to the spec. Just soldered the wires to the tinned pads and covered the remaining hole with black tape. No difference to original one for just a few bucks.

Disabled Account
Joined 2014
Thanks Ernst,
can I ask you another question on the CD player, does yours have a ball bearing in the swivel part of the CD clamp? Mine has a moulding for it but any bearing was missing. I got hold of a 4mm ball, it fits but seems to be too tall, in that the cd is noisy when running. So I tried a 3.5mm and this is much quieter running than either no bearing or the 4mm. Still makes a bit of a chattering noise on start up with no cd in though.
I had also had a problem with the Cd skipping, but this was due to the missing plastic tensioner on the laser mech, which luckily was still in the bottom of the case.
Thanks again
Joe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.