• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group order of non-inverted LM3875 pc boards? Anyone interested?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Here is the board for the power supply, where you can see the 2 pairs of primaries from the transformer coming in, and the +, - and ground connections going to each pcb. The grounds are tied together for the bridges on the actual gainclone pcb.

+V1, GND, -V1, GND would be going to the first channel, and
+V2, GND, -V2, GND would be going to the second channel

Don't forget to signup for the new Wiki List:
http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=NI+GC+PCB+Group+Order

If you are having troubles adding your name to the Wiki, drop me an e-mail of what you want, and I will add your name to it for you:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=mailform&userid=1250

--
Brian

Attachments

• gc-pwr-supply-pcb.gif
    gc-pwr-supply-pcb.gif
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,283
Hi Brian...
I just have look for new wiki page...
so now is posibile to order or full kit or bare PCB...it is no longer posibile to order PCB and just LM3875 ?!?

I ollready have resistors ... but no LM ... and the price for them in Croatia is 11 USD...

so any chance to order only PCB and LM3875 ?

Josip

Joined 2002
yoke said:
Hi Brian...
I just have look for new wiki page...
so now is posibile to order or full kit or bare PCB...it is no longer posibile to order PCB and just LM3875 ?!?

I ollready have resistors ... but no LM ... and the price for them in Croatia is 11 USD...

so any chance to order only PCB and LM3875 ?

Josip

Yes, I added it to the Wiki. Add this to the comment field. $8 for a pair of chips.

Group Order Wiki:

--
Brian

T or TF version?

Hi Folks
Count me in on the group buy for at least 4 channels. I will add it to the WIKI page, however I am wondering what the difference in wattage/sound quality is between the insulated and non-insulated version of the chip?
It looks like the original gcard used the insulated (TF) version.

Anyone have any experience between these two?
Brian, what about the transformers, is it enough to just ask John at VM "the transfomers that Brian ordered' ? Thats a single transformer with dual sec outputs (so one Transfomer is enough for two channels?)

thanks
vsr

Joined 2002
Re: T or TF version?

vsr123 said:
Hi Folks
Count me in on the group buy for at least 4 channels. I will add it to the WIKI page, however I am wondering what the difference in wattage/sound quality is between the insulated and non-insulated version of the chip?
It looks like the original gcard used the insulated (TF) version.

Anyone have any experience between these two?
Brian, what about the transformers, is it enough to just ask John at VM "the transfomers that Brian ordered' ? Thats a single transformer with dual sec outputs (so one Transfomer is enough for two channels?)

thanks
vsr

I actually haven't ordered one yet. What specifications do people want for the group order? I have seen anywhere from 200va to 500va used for 2 channels before. I am currently using 2x24 320VA for mine, and Peter seems to like 2x22. Lets decide on a common configuration.

--
Brian

I'm so easily confused??

Brian,

I'm a little confused on the order. I noticed in the comment section people have been putting "2xLM3875TF", even when they order more than one set of boards. Will you assume the number of LM3875's match the number of boards ordered? Or should the people include the number somewhere?

Also, would you please put the "cut off" date/time on the wiki?

I would also be interested in a "standard" transformer from VM.

Thanks for all your efforts!!

tommak

I actually haven't ordered one yet. What specifications do people want for the group order? I have seen anywhere from 200va to 500va used for 2 channels before. I am currently using 2x24 320VA for mine, and Peter seems to like 2x22. Lets decide on a common configuration

I'm a long time lurker, drawn out of hiding for this group buy. When I first started tracking down parts for a GC, I looked at the following tranformer from Parts Express:

Avel

Is this an acceptable alternative?

widman

Joined 2002
Remember that the price of the kit is dependent on total # of kits for this order.

When the total # of kit orders increases to 50, the price will drop another $5 to $55 for a kit. I am hoping to get enough kit orders to get the price down to $50.

Keep in mind the high cost of the resistors used in the kit. If you were to buy the all the resistors for 2 channels for yourself, it would cost you around $30-35.

Wiki:

--
Brian

Joined 2002
Da5id4Vz said:
When do you think you’ll be asking for payment?

(Perhaps I didn’t read close enough)

I am waiting for a few more days to see how many kits are desired, then I can workout the final pricing and workout the order details. I am guessing that by early/mid next week, I should be ready to start taking in payments.

Keep in mind that I only started considering a group order on Sunday night (3 days ago), and I don't want to rush it. If all goes as planned, everyone here should have their boards and kits to them in less than 3 weeks, assuming I lock orders down in a week.

--
Brian

Joined 2002
idex said:
I already have the caps/diodes/chips. Could I just get the resistors? I updated the wiki to order some PCBs.

Not at this time. I want to only offer kits and bare pcbs, as the resistors are the main cost of the kit.

Da5id4Vz said:

You certainly seem to have created quite the (ahem) buzz.

It amazed me.. I was expecting something like the original Aleph order I arranged well over a year ago, with around 60 boards, but I forget how much the forum has grown since then, and I underestimate the power of the gainclone.

Link to Wiki:

--
Brian

Joined 2002
I ran some totals, and the price is now $55 to a kit, due to the increased number of kits ordered.

Link to Wiki:

Keep in mind, that if you are to purchase just the bare pcbs, it will cost you more to go out and just buy the caddock and riken resistors, then to just buy the kit for $55. (and you just pay for shipping once)

Don't forget that today is the last day to order Cardas products from the Cardas group purchase. You won't find lower prices on the connectors then the prices for this order:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28046

--
Brian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.